Large(ish?) database export

Discussion about GPS Log for iOS, it's features and uses.

Large(ish?) database export

Postby yarrum » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:06 am

I have a database with 217 entries, and about the same number of photos.

I am having trouble emailing the database out because it's >13Mb and I suspect my ISP(s) are baulking at sending the large size file.

There's ftp and wifi options, is there a USB option? I tried examining the sqlite databases using Firefox add -in and sqlite manager but they don't do the photo thing - it's text only.

yarrum

Spikes: 501 (0 public)

Re: Large(ish?) database export

Postby divzero » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:17 pm

The .sqlite file contains only the entries and the thumbnail images. So you should definitely do more to get the images too.

One great new way to backup your data in GPS Log 3.0 is to Sync it to Geospike.com. This allows you to download your data onto a new device (and even keep them both in sync). Soon you will also be able to edit and export your data online. You can access the sync in GPS Log 3.0 by tapping the sync icon in the top right of the screen. Be sure to set a username.

If you want to create a personal backup, then I highly recommend using GPS Log's FTP feature to achieve your task. There are great free programs for Mac and Windows it's not too complicated. You just specify the IP that GPS Log tells you, use any username and password, and use port 21000. If you run into any issues I can help you out.

Regards,
Will
Stay up to date, follow @GPSLog on Twitter!

divzero
Developer

Spikes: 18110 (1916 public)

Return to GPS Log for iOS