Remove Advertising

Discussion about the two free utilities OS Grid Converter and DMS Converter for iOS.

Remove Advertising

Postby divzero » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:58 pm

You want it? You got it!

Responding to two reviewers who liked OS Grid Converter, but didn't want ads:

Does what it says it does.

Would pay 59p to get rid of the adverts though.

This is a top app that is also pretty accurate & reliable.

Using the GPS on a 3GS phone drains the battery within 2.5 hours, but this a problem with the phone not this software.

The latest update now has adverts across the top of the screen which is very annoying, and distracting. It would be worth paying 59p to get rid of them!

I added the option for you to pay 59p / 99c to remove the ads.

These apps are a business for me – so I can't give them away. So you can choose between ads, or paying a nominal amount to remove them. I hope you understand the need to do this – and hope you like this new choice!

I also fixed a bug which caused the "NSEW" marker parsing in the DMS notation to be case-sensitive, and for good measure I changed the background so it's less boring than the preview all white background. ^_^

If you've got any feedback – please post it in the forums so it can be a discussion, not one-way feedback.

Cheers,
Will
Stay up to date, follow @GPSLog on Twitter!

divzero
Developer

Spikes: 10681 (1870 public)

Re: Remove Advertising

Postby divzero » Thu May 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Bug: there was a glitch in version 1.3, where the purchase state was not saved (thus ads re-appeared even after you'd paid to remove them). Grab 1.4 which was uploaded within a day of this problem being apparent. If you paid for the upgrade in 1.3, then simply hit the buy button again. The app will see you've already bought it and not charge you again.
Stay up to date, follow @GPSLog on Twitter!

divzero
Developer

Spikes: 10681 (1870 public)

Return to Coordinate Converters for iOS